The Business Impact Analysis (BIA) is typically conducted as part of our comprehensive business continuity service. This is a joint client and Emergency Management Consulting Ltd anaylisis which will identify, review, evaluate and prioritise issues that pose potential crises and/or negative impact for the client's business operations.
Emergency Management Consulting Ltd will also analyse your current overall business continuity management planning efforts. The BIA is a diagnostic survey that consists of issue analyses, risk identification, and assessment of potential business impacts and crisis situations. The diagnostic survey assists us to determine your organisations current capabilities, level of training, and categorisation of potential business disruption situations.
The goal of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) identifies is to provide the organization with the ability to effectively respond to threats such as natural disasters or data breaches and protect the business interests of the organization. BCM includes disaster recovery, business recovery, crisis management, incident management, emergency management and contingency planning.
A business continuity management system emphasizes the importance of:
- Understanding continuity and preparedness needs, as well as the necessity for establishing business continuity management policy and objectives.
- Implementing and operating controls and measures for managing an organizations overall continuity risks.
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance and effectiveness of the business continuity management system.
- Continual improvement based on objective measurement
A Business Continuity Plan (BCP) identifies potential risks and vulnerabilities and includes procedures to prepare for, respond to, and recover from a disruption directly affecting any New Zealand organisations .
The purpose of BCP is
- to provide a framework for organisational resilience during a situation that could disrupt service delivery, and
- To serve as the point of reference for establishing and maintaining an organisational culture of business continuity management and improvement.
A BCP can be implemented partially, or fully, depending on the situation.